Thursday, October 20, 2011

Aarakshan - Hindi Movie Review

Aarakshan is one of those movies that has a Good story but the flick itself is not good because of too many subplots or bad screenplay. This movie starts as being about reservations set around the Mandal Commission recommendations of 27% additional quota for the Other Backward Classes, but is it about social reform and upliftment of the downtrodden? The movie takes a totally different twist and becomes an anti-coaching classes story which ends in the commencement of another coaching/ remediation center.

1 comment:

  1. Nice concise review! I'm looking forward to watching it because I like the song 'Accha Lagta Hai' (I'm ashamed to say I base watching Bollywood films on the songs!). I'm becoming disappointed with Deepika Padukone every film I see her in - she and Imran Khan are churning out similar roles.

    But Saif Ali Khan is always good.

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nfyNj3Prb6g/TtrRg_TOEHI/AAAAAAAABY8/2os2nkXdEpY/s1600/Saifu+Weds+Bebo.jpg - I did this! What do you think?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Your praises and comments will be addressed appropriately!