Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara - Movie Review

zindagi-na-milegi-dobara-poster - Bollywood World

I watched this movie when I was in India recently. The movie is for the young and young-at-heart viewers who like the feel-good themes that bollywood throws up sometimes. The movie centers around three heroes Arjun (Hrithik Roshan), Imran (Farhan Akthar), and Kabir (Abhay Deol). Of course there are three heroines too, otherwise it wouldn't be a Indian flick. Anyway the story is all about Kabir's impending marriage and a road trip that the three friends take as part of their bachelor party.

The three friends of course atrociously rich - most middle-class Indian kids would not be able to afford a trip like this - meet up in Spain and start of their adventure sports. Deep sea diving, sky diving and being part of a traditional bull chase festival is what the three intend to do. The movie also exposes the baggage that the friends carry and help resolve issues between the friends and also in their lives.

Imran reconciles to the fact that his biological father is just that, Arjun finds a new girl friend and Kabir understands that marriage is not for him right now.

Summing up I'd say it is definitely worth watching and one of those movies without too much drama and few songs and can be watched with the family.

2 comments:

  1. Well summed up! Nice review...I thought the film was great and deserves a re watch!

    Cheers!
    Www.eatpraylovemovies.blogspot.com

    Ps - it's a nice blog... Get more networky to shoot up your reader base! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your atrociously rich comment - realistic the film this is the not! (see what I've done there?) I like the twist on Hrithik Roshan's character - how he's particular with his clients.

    I loved the quaint games Abhay Deol's character likes to play - try scaring someone on the road in the real world and you'll get arrested...

    A perfect role for Katrina - a half Indian/half US!

    By far the best character in the film is (your not going to expect this)... Bagwati!

    To see what I mean check out my review:
    http://www.bollyhooha.com/2011/11/zindagi-na-milegi-dobara.html

    (I hate to link to my blog but I feel you'd like my unique take on Bollywood... more attention the better - you know!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Your praises and comments will be addressed appropriately!